A How-To Guide for Video Marketing
As consumers, we can all say we love visuals for the most part. When it comes to content, videos account for the majority of online traffic, and I think it’s safe to say that most of us would rather watch a short video than read a block of text.
Some businesses are great at creating these videos, others don’t really know where to start (which is perfectly ok!). If you’re new to video marketing or want to get better at it, this short guide may help you create great video content and increase traffic to your business!
- How to Find Video Topics
Video Marketing is a great way to promote your brand, but one of the biggest challenges can be coming up with topics for the video. Here’s some ideas to start with:
- You can turn your existing content into videos. Use previous blog posts or social media campaigns and convert them into video form. People love to watch videos because it is effortless to do, so you can easily film yourself conducting a tutorial, styling a customer, or giving a tour of the office. Whatever it is that you choose to record, your customers will appreciate seeing the human side behind your business.
- Look at your competition. If you are new to blogging or creating videos and don’t know where to start, see what kind of content your competition is covering. All you have to do from there is spin those ideas into your own videos!
- How to Get People to Watch your Video Content
Video marketing can do wonders for your business, but to get the most out of it, you want your videos to reach as many people as possible. These tips may help:
- Come up with eye-catching titles, descriptions, and thumbnails to get people to click on your videos. If they aren’t appealing enough, chances are your viewers aren’t going to do so on their own.
- Make sure that the first few minutes of your video are actually interesting. If you hook your viewers from the start, they are going to be more likely to watch the video all the way through rather than exiting out halfway because they’re already bored.
- Ask viewers to like, comment, and subscribe at the end of the video, and even promote more videos by adding an end screen. This will allow your videos to reach way more people.
- How to Achieve Video Optimization
Similar to blogging, you should definitely optimize your videos with keywords in the description. When you search for something on YouTube and click on a video, other related videos pop up in the sidebar. So, to ensure your video gets seen, you have to use the right keywords in your title and description.
Using your most important keywords, find other popular videos and see what tags they use. Then, use these tags in your own video so that your videos have a higher chance of getting seen!
Overall, videos are a great way to market to your customers. Especially if you’re trying to target younger generations, posting videos on YouTube is ideal if you want them to engage with your content, as it is insanely popular these days. But, regardless of which audience you wish to target, video marketing can be a fresh new way to show off your business, so give it a try if you haven’t already!